Just 5 Ingredients: A warm apple crumble for cool February nights
Dessert can be daunting for many people, mainly because of the pain of shopping for special ingredients. But what if you can whip up a scrumptious pudding with just five ingredients? It can be done, and here’s the recipe:
150 g plain flour
125 g unsalted butter
50 g brown sugar
750 g apples
Pinch of cinnamon powder
- Peel, core and roughly slice the apples. Drop them into a bowl of water to prevent them from discolouring.
- Place the apples in a saucepan, add a splash of water and one tbsp of the sugar. Cook gently, until the apples begin to soften. Add the cinnamon.
- Empty the apples into an oven-proof pie dish.
To make the crumble, rub the butter through the flour, till it begins to look like breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the sugar and the merest splash of water.
- Scatter the crumble mixture over the stewed apples, spreading it evenly. Do not press down.
Bake at 175 deg till the top is golden brown and crisp.
- Serve warm with cream or vanilla ice cream.
Note: You can add almond powder to the crumble mixture for a richer topping. Raisins can also be combined with apple filling.
OMG-inducing, share-compelling, like-attracting, clutter-breaking, thought-provoking, myth-busting content from the country’s leading content curators. read on...