Why celebs are going crazy over ripped jeans, and 5 ways to rock them!
Some might wonder that ripped jeans are now passe, but think again. Ripped jeans are still ruling the fashion circles and how! From men to women – this denim style, which was put on a style pedestal by the 70s punk rockers, came back with a bang last year, and is here to stay!
From Kim Kardashian to Selena Gomez, from Zac Efron to Justin Bieber – many celebrities have been seen tearing up their denims and putting a fashionable foot forward. Back home, actors like Salman Khan and Sonam Kapoor have been seen sporting gaping knee holes in their denims.
What began as a casual style of wearing tattered denims teamed with a baggy tee or a sweatshirt, has evolved into a more sophisticated form of fashion too! From street-chic to a more professional look, here are 5 ways girls can sport the distressed jeans with panache.
1. The casual look: This is, perhaps, the easiest look to flaunt your destroyed, cuffed up denims. Team them with a long tunic tucked in the front; or wear them with a tank top and throw a jacket on top to complete your look. You can accessorize the look with a simple long neck-piece and sneakers.
2. The party look: Trust us when we say this, but ripped jeans can make the cut for the party look too! Wear a cropped top with a fully distressed jeans and add a bunch of long necklaces and high heels.
3. The sporty look: Girls too can sport the biker-chic look with distressed denims. Wear a simple tee or a tank top with your scoffed denims and throw in a leather jacket to complete your sporty look! Make sure you wear high-heeled boots or Oxford brogues to step out in style.
4. The comfy look: Baggy tees, colored cardigans or a simple pullover – you can sport them all with ripped jeans. Add a cute beanie and flats and you’re all set to rock the look!
5. The professional look: Distressed jeans also work very well with simple, button-down shirts and printed tops teamed with a blazer. For the professional look, make sure you keep the accessories to the minimum and don’t go overboard with colors. Nude pumps work best for the professional look.
Fashion tip: If you’re planning to step out with denims which have gaping knee holes, make sure you wear a simple monochromatic tee or shirt with it, teamed with sky-high, single-colored heels or boots.
OMG-inducing, share-compelling, like-attracting, clutter-breaking, thought-provoking, myth-busting content from the country’s leading content curators. read on...