From bicycle kicks to verbal volleys — Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s greatest quotes
“In 15 years, I have never seen such a referee. In this shit country, this country does not deserve PSG. We are too good for this country.”
Zlatan Ibrahimovic launched into a tirade against the French system after his team, Paris St Germain, lost to Bordeaux, blaming poor refereeing decisions.
Anyone else in the world saying this would be hounded for an apology. But this is Zlatan, the man beyond reproach.
Here are some of more outrageous comments the Swedish phenomenon has come up with in his glittering, yet checkered career.
17. On Twitter, responding to “Is Zlatan human? Or should he be worshipped like a God?”
16. “Who is the most beautiful woman in the world?”
15. After breezing past Liverpool’s Stefan Henchoz
14. House-hunting in Paris
13. On how Pep Guardiola played him at Barcelona
12. On Pep Guardiola’s dressing room talks
11. On Jose Mourinho, one man Ibra admires
10. When asked what he got his wife for her birthday
9. When a female reporter questioned his sexuality after an awkward hug with Gerard Pique
8. When Arsene Wenger wanted a 17-year-old Ibra to undergo trials for Arsenal
7. When asked how his upbringing influenced his playing style
6. On John Carew
5. When Sweden failed to qualify for the 2014 FIFA World Cup
4. On injuries
3. On coaching
2. Reporter asks Ibra why he has scratches on his face
1. Seeing the entire Chelsea team surrounding the referee demanding he be sent off
Oh, and Ibra did apologise for his rant against France. Not because someone told him to, but because he’s Zlatan.
And Zlatan does what he wants.
OMG-inducing, share-compelling, like-attracting, clutter-breaking, thought-provoking, myth-busting content from the country’s leading content curators. read on...