Best of Sam Smith: ‘Stay With Me’ and more
This time last year, nobody at the Grammys knew who Sam Smith was. But at this year’s Grammy Awards ceremony, the British singer and songwriter took home not one, not two, not three, but FOUR Grammy awards.
The 22-year-old bagged four out of the six awards he was nominated for — Best New Artist, Song of the Year and Record of the Year for Stay with Me, and Best Pop Vocal Album for In the Lonely Hour.
Smith, who recently came out of the closet, had earlier said his heartbreak song Stay With Me was inspired by a crush he had on a straight man.
During his acceptance speech, he said: “I want to thank the man this record is about… for breaking my heart because you got me four Grammys.” The former object of Sam’s affection must be somewhere screaming, “I want half.”
Folomojo brings you Smith’s best tracks. Enjoy!
1. Stay With Me from In the Lonely Hour: In this soulful ballad, the protagonist pleads with his one-night stand not to leave him.
2. La La La from Naughty Boy’s debut album Hotel Cabana: This song earned him his first number one single and it was the UK’s top trending video of the year.
3. I Am Not The Only One from In The Lonely Hour: Written by Smith himself, this song entered the Official UK Singles Chart and Billboard Hot 100.
4. Like I Can from In the Lonely Hour: Released in 2014 as a digital download, the music video features Smith and several men in what appears to be a stag party.
5. Money On My Mind from In the Lonely Hour: This Smith number peaked to number 1 on the UK Singles Chart and number 4 on the Irish Singles Chart.
6. Disclosure’s Latch from Settle: Smith rose to fame with this song, which was a sleeper hit in the UK and US.
OMG-inducing, share-compelling, like-attracting, clutter-breaking, thought-provoking, myth-busting content from the country’s leading content curators. read on...