Glenn Frey passes away; here are 5 Eagles songs you must hear
Eagles founder member and guitarist Glenn Frey, succumbed to complications arising from arthritis on January 18, 2016. An exceptional singer, songwriter and guitarist, Frey died at the age of 67 in New York.
The rock band Eagles came together in the early 1970s and shot to fame immediately, delivering hit after hit. Here are top 5 songs you must hear from the popular band and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee.
- Take It Easy: The Eagles debut single saw Frey as the guitarist and keyboard player while he also gave the lead vocals, thus finishing Jackson Browne’s unfinished song. The perfect blend of rock and country made this song an instant hit.
- Tequila Sunrise: An account of the hangover effects of drinking too much, Tequila Sunrise also shows Frey’s exceptional talent as a vocalist and guitarist.
- Hotel California: The song was penned by Frey, and found immense success with the audience and musical circles. The song also fetched the band a Grammy for the Record of the Year in 1977.
- Heartache Tonight: Another popular number by the rock band, Heartache Tonight too fetched the band a Grammy for the Best Rock Vocals by a duo or group. The song was penned by Frey and other members of the band and had Frey singing the lead vocals.
- New Kid in Town: Another masterpiece by the band was also penned by Frey, and had him sing the lead vocals.
OMG-inducing, share-compelling, like-attracting, clutter-breaking, thought-provoking, myth-busting content from the country’s leading content curators. read on...