Vijayakanth wants to know: The actor-politician has 10 questions for the BJP
Vijayakanth is usually the stuff of LOL memes and Internet humour. But with state assembly elections around the corner, it looks like the DMDK leader is getting all serious. While his party formed an alliance with the BJP in the Lok Sabha elections, the honeymoon didn’t last. Now, it appears, the BJP, including the high-profile Amit Shah, has been making overtures to Vijayakanth. But the actor-turned-politician is in no mood to relent. He has refused meetings with the BJP high command and raised 10 questions. “Answer these to my satisfaction and then we can talk about poll alliances,” he has said. These are his questions:
- Why did the BJP disregard the promises it made during the Lok Sabha elections in 2014?
- My wife Premalatha and I campaigned actively for the BJP in these elections. Does the party accept that it was because of us that Anbumani and Pon Radhakrishnan won?
- The BJP claims it is in an alliance with us. Have any of their leaders or central minister ever come and met me?
- Why haven’t any of the BJP leaders told me why Prime Minister Modi came to Chennai and met the CM, Jayalalithaa?
- Why does Pon Radhakrishnan, who is a minister of state, fawn over Jayalalithaa addressing her as ‘Amma, Amma’, like the ADMK members?
- Why has the BJP not reacted to the Tamil Nadu government’s refusal to go ahead with the Maduravoyal-Chennai Port Expressway? Why has there been no protest?
- Why has the Central government not pulled up the TN government for its failure to implement any projects for development such as railway projects?
- Why was Jayalalithaa given lenient treatment in the Income Tax case filed against her?
- Why is the TN governor who has not acted on any of the corruption charges against the state government still in office
- Why did the BJP high command silence TN BJP leader Thamizhisai Sounderarajan who made a few critical comments about the TN government and the ADMK?
OMG-inducing, share-compelling, like-attracting, clutter-breaking, thought-provoking, myth-busting content from the country’s leading content curators. read on...