These Bollywood hotties are vegetarian/vegan!
Hrithik Roshan recently finished working on Ashutosh Govariker’s magnum opus Mohenjo Daro and has some time on hands before he begins working on Sanjay Gupta’s Kaabil. This is probably the perfect time for him to experiment with his diet—he recently announced on Twitter that he had switched to vegetarianism. The actor decided to give up meat temporarily to see whether he can maintain his sculpted physique with a diet comprising only of greens and egg whites.
— Hrithik Roshan (@iHrithik) April 23, 2016
Let’s take a look at some of the hottest vegetarians/vegans in Bollywood.
1. Shahid Kapoor: Shahid Kapoor grew up eating meat, but has been a vegetarian for over a decade now. His family, who are staunch followers of Radha Soami, had repeatedly asked him to give up meat but in vain. However, Brian Hines’ book called Life Is Fair changed his point of view and he never touched non-vegetarian food again!
2. Kareena Kapoor Khan: The Kapoor clan is known to be hardcore non-vegetarian, but ‘love’ had turned its youngest daughter into a vegetarian. Shahid Kapoor had persuaded Kareena to give up meat when they were dating. A decade after they broke up and in spite of being married to the Nawab—Saif Ali Khan—Kareena continues to embrace vegetarianism and believes that it has made her healthier.
3. Richa Chadda: Being a true-blue Punjabi girl, Richa grew up on a non-vegetarian diet. It was because of her “magical affinity towards all animals” that she gave up meat two years before. She is now a vegan and credits her curves to the no-meat-and-dairy diet.
4. Anushka Sharma: The actress turned vegetarian early last year. She believes that the switch has made her healthier and is happy that she now eats a lot of vegetables which she had earlier avoided due to her non-vegetarian diet.
5. Aamir Khan: Bollywood’s Mr Perfectionist also turned into a green crusader last year. Aamir gave up all meat and dairy products and turned vegan after he watched a video on 15 common diseases that can be prevented with a good diet.
6. Vivek Oberoi: The younger Oberoi gave up his staple diet of tandoori chicken and turned into a crusader of vegetarianism during a film shoot in London. After he returned to India, the staunch non-vegetarian declared his love for greens. He even bid adieu to eggs!
7. Amitabh Bachchan: The legendary actor gradually let go of all things nice. He quit drinking alcohol about 35 years before, tea and coffee a few years before and even said bye to non-vegetarian food—all this for no medical or religious reason!
OMG-inducing, share-compelling, like-attracting, clutter-breaking, thought-provoking, myth-busting content from the country’s leading content curators. read on...